Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th of July....

I love fireworks...the colors, the boom, the pride they inspire. We celebrated the 4th without Perry....our first major holiday apart in this year long separation. I'm not going to lie...it was hard. Made only harder by learning that Perry would not be attending some conferences stateside that would be within driving distance for us. Both he and I were so looking forward to a small amount of time together as a family. But that is how this life goes..for now we will continue to count down our weeks and pray that R&R is given.

We spent the 4th with Stacy, Jon and the kids of course! Stacy's sister Nicole and her family have moved to Lejeune as well. They are renting a super cute house in town so we all went over there to celebrate! The best thing about being in town on the 4th is your own fireworks!!! Of course....I have never bought fireworks before so all I got were sparklers. Those firework tents are a little intimidating! We started the evening with sparklers and LOTS of little fireworks. Nicole and Cory's neighbors however, put on a SHOW! We were surrounded by big booms and all the beauty of the night sky being lit up. Of course, we ate to much and the kids made smores in the fire-pit. AS we headed home down Western, we were treated to the Grand Finale at WPT Hill on base. And let me say it was wonderful to be driving against all that traffic from the celebration on base and not in it!!

The kids and the sparklers......no worries, it was a happy ending!


No comments:

Post a Comment