Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yaya's visit

October means fall...and Drew's birthday...and Halloween and my mom's annual visit! This years visit meant more to me then any other visit what with Perry being gone. I started the day tracking Mom's flight only to see that it was delayed. I tried calling her but her phone went straight to message and no one would answer the phone at home!

I finally saw that her flight took off from Las Vegas in route to Charlotte and finally figured out she would not be in until after 9 pm. No biggie though, I thought. I'll just throw the kiddos in pajamas and grab her real quick from the pick-up curb. Her flight was originally supposed to land at 4ish and she finally arrived close to 10 PM. The kids and I had been sitting in the car for about 30 minutes and had just pulled out of the parking lot to come back around to the pick-up/drop-off area when she called saying she was here! Of course there was no room at the curb so just kind of stopped and hopped out intending to grab her, her luggage and go. But she said I don't have my luggage yet so I just stood there looking at her, trying to digest it.

Then from the corner of my eye I saw an older gentleman stepped out and heard him say..."Excuse me, can I get a ride into town?" You know how in movies everything is in slow motion? Exactly! It took all of twenty seconds to think..."who is this old guy asking me for a ride and O M G..it's my Daddy! Needless to say, many people collaborated on surprising me with my Daddy! Momma was here for 3 weeks and Daddy for just the long weekend. My Daddy said he needed to come to see me because I needed him. And I so did.....



My Daddy and Me

1 comment: