Last weekend....Memorial Day to be exact, we played host to our very first house guests. Actually they were not our VERY first 4/5th of the Hammie clan visited when Stacy and I went to see David Gray in March. But the Hammies came before we finished moving and had all our stuff, or actually any stuff in the house.
Tanya and the girls-her daughters Kaylee (11) Cadence (7) drove down from Virginia Beach with their dog, Cosmo in tow. Tanya and I have been besties since she moved in next door to me on Newport Court on NAB Little Creek. She and I hit it off right away as well as did all our kids and we have been bestie families every since.
They arrived on Friday evening and we sat down to our first meal and first few bottles of wine...LOL!! Tanya brought my the most amazing housewarming gift.....a whisk shaped bottle stopper. I LURVE it!
Housewarming gifts! Love them!
Pretty isn't it?
Saturday, we intended to attend a Fayetteville Swampdogs baseball game but the weather and Mother Nature conspired against us. So...instead we tore up my front flower beds. We hit a nursery near my house were I purchased some day lilies in yellow and red as well as some yellow lantana. Earlier the same week I bought some red mandevilla to go in my big whiskey barrels that I have been holding onto since we bought them in VB. We went to Lowes for some dirt and petunias before heading home and getting to work. We wound up with 7 HUGE bags of pine straw and a bag of assorted dead or dying plants and maybe a toad (I think he got away but I cannot say with all certainty that he did!)
We spent the rest of the weekend lounging, eating chinese food and watching movies...Goonies forever!!
We were a MESS...but got SO much done!
Carly, Kaylee, Cadence and Maddie (notice that my children are STILL in PJ'S?~And the shirt Mads is wearing is Perry's...from boot camp.)
Ollie and Cosmo~Best Buds!
Tan Tan and me...there were tears hence the looking like crap!
Murphy and Smith girls!
Acting silly...as usual...
It was sad to have them leave us on Monday morning but rest assured it will not be long before we are together again!!





Awww, how fun!
ReplyDelete